Saturday, July 4, 2009

are you freaking kidding me?!

on the biggest and most important night to be outdoors it freaking pours! like the streets were flooded w/in minutes! from where I was at the Ho Jo, i could only see the tip top of the biggest fireworks and that was standing under a tree. (i know, right, I'm pretty smart standing under a tree in a thunderstorm so I can get my annual fireworks-fix) finally I said "forget it" and ran under the main entrance overhang for a few minutes listening the boom, boom, boom of the pretty lights i couldn't see. then i heard there was a tent w/in eyeshot of the fireworks so i ran under that I saw about a 1/4 of the fireworks finale because we were still too close to the building. but here's where it gets REALLY fun....after the show, in the torrential downpour, i decided to make the trek back to my car that was across the street. not just any street....fifth street aka the MAIN street that all the folks from mpec were using to leave. so i'm standing & standing & standing getting absolutely soaked & thinking "gee i don't remember this light taking so long to change." it finally did and as i ran across the street, holding my white t-shirt out in front my girls so i wouldn't give anyone a show as I crossed their headlights, i saw a guy standing on the other side of the street. i immediately thought he was a weirdo but then i noticed he had a bright green vest on & he was standing in front of an open box. I said, "were you the one responsible for making that light so long?" and he said he was. grrr! but THANK GOODNESS for my slackerness & not taking the towels out of my car after my last bike ride (which was like in april--i have to lay down towels in the backseat if i don't want to get grease on my leather & poked holes from my gears wheel thingies)! Happy Freaking Birthday, America! (i really am grateful to be an american, just not a soaking wet one : )

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That doesn't even remotely sound fun! I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete