Friday, July 3, 2009

I've got ants in my pants

I want to go on vacation like everyone else! I just want to get out of town for a week. Or two. Vegas is calling my name something fierce! Or I want to do something crazy, like some extreme adventure expedition in which I'm returned in one piece but stocked up on a new appreciation for the great outdoors or turtles or something. I don't really feel like laying around on a beach or a cruise ship allowing myself useless thinking time. Although some co-workers just got back from Alaska and their pics are AMAZING! Have you ever stopped to realize that maybe this is it? Like THIS is all you're ever going to do in life? I'm having one of those moments. I just finished reading some of Liz's blogs and she's got a ton of exciting thing happening in her life: husband getting out of the military, preparing to end a chapter here, step-son eating third-world delicacies, nieces losing their first tooth, etc. Then, thanks to Facebook, i found out another eligible bachelor from college got married. I barely recognized my friend's 5 year old son, he's getting so big! And here I am, with my two dogs, doing the same daily routine, having corn-on-the-cob again for dinner, rotating my M-F wardrobe....AHHH!!! Now wonder I haven a hankerin' to buy a new car and smartphone! I need a change! I want my hair to grow out and look halfway decent. I want to be able to manage my time a little better so I can blog more. Commit to some Y classes. Get my house in order. I know this was all brought on because I found out today marks the halfway point in the year. We're already on the downward slope toward New Year's Eve. For some reason I'm freaking out about it. Well, not really "freaking out" per se, just being reflective about how much of 2009 I've wasted doing....what?! Just making it? Just BEING? I don't want to just BE! I want to look back on my life & know I took advantage of every minute. And that little thought is courtesy of the Farrah Fawcett special. Doggone my sleepless mind (with a little help from my first Eskimo Hut treat)!

No comments:

Post a Comment